- @BethEleri Tell my paying clients! Hah! ;-)Posted 4 hours ago
- @BethEleri ....US Airlines (pick almost any 1), we're not all that sad.Posted 4 hours ago
- @BethEleri That would be interesting. Probably because if they're good, like LHJ, we know and trust them. If they're not....Posted 4 hours ago
- @BethEleri & what I can't stand is the breathlessness of some of the reporting about these closings....Or maybe I'm just too close to it allPosted 4 hours ago
- @BethEleri Editorially and historically, you're correct. So yes, I was too glib & apologize. But long term trends, unfortunately no.Posted 4 hours ago
- While in other news, the fact that Ladies Home Journal is closing is neither surprising nor shocking nor unexpected. So cool it.Posted 4 hours ago
What's It All About?
How Close Are We to The Ice Pack?
Find It All Here
Category Archives: Magazines
Music to quietly hum to yourself every time a vendor calls with this “problem.” Update: The artist who took the self portrait for the cover in question, Ana Alvarez-Errecalde contacted me this afternoon requestion the following clarification. After Facebook censored … Continue reading
One of the services many consultants provide for magazine publishers is a cover analysis. Over the years, I’ve developed a template that can dive deeply into the single copy sales of a title. Consequently I feel pretty qualified to weigh … Continue reading
So how does this deal sound? You’ll get a generous discount. We’ll give you Scan Based Trading so you don’t have any inventory to concern your accountants. We’ll pay you a Retail Display Allowance. Heck, we’ll make it “Advanced RDA”. … Continue reading
Those of us who worked on the front lines of newsstand distribution in the mid 1990′s made a few assumptions when rapid consolidation hit the business. One was that the ID wholesalers who remained in the business were there because they … Continue reading